Unfortunately, there are lots of “time wasters” in this aluminum window industry, and that’s why it is important to find a way to manage time better. When it comes to project managers, it is especially crucial to acquire time management skills to achieve the success they want. Lacking effective time management skills can have a long-term negative effect on your aluminium projects. Any deviation from the original schedule can bring an effect on the overall cost and reputation.
SOME OF THE NEGATIVE EFFECTS CAUSED BY POOR TIME MANAGEMENT DURING ALUMINIUM PROJECTS
1. Any delay will slow down the entire team and probably other aluminium projects, as well
If you are an architect or project manager, you already know that each worker has to operate in sync. The actions of one individual directly relate to another’s. It also implies that one worker’s delay is another’s problem. You cannot gain the time back if one party delays. For example, a few processes require a certain minimum time to complete manufacturing, and when time is taken away from him or her, you cannot regain it. Basically, time delay has a ripple effect.
2. Ultimately, the client feels the delay the most
Eventually, the ripple effect will reach to the client. The time it takes is dependent on how well the particular project was managed, as well as any delays mitigated. Ultimately, the individual on hold of the purse strings will dictate your future as a successful window project, including how well it was managed.
3. The third-party slowdown
More likely than not, your third parties are also planning for every aluminium project they have alongside yours. That means that when you delay supplying them what they demand, you’re surely holding them up. They might even get much irritated and decide to prioritize other customers instead, which translates to even more time delay.
WHAT ARE THE RESULTS OF BAD TIME MANAGEMENT IN ALUMINIUM PROJECTS?
- Losing money. Your clients might decide to cancel the contract. Also, missing deadlines could translate to a breach of contract.
- Losing clients. Probably current and prospective clients, which also means that you won’t get a lot of referrals.
- It will destroy your reputation since bad news travels fast.
SOME USEFUL TIPS TO HELP IN MANAGING YOUR TIME BETTER
- Always Start Your Day Right. It only takes five minutes to set a clear focus for your day. Ensure you do this before you get distracted with things like emails. Your day’s activity should be to take a close look at what you wish to accomplish on that particular day and what you certainly have to achieve.
- Avoid Procrastination. If you tend to procrastinate or have issues staying focused, you might gain from coming up with an external commitment for yourself (like setting a deadline). It’s also quite effective to complete all the unpleasant projects as early as possible and to give yourself small rewards when you complete them.
- Create a to-do list. Write down the activities and tasks you have to do on a list and update it frequently during the day. Ensure to revisit the list regularly and add new items immediately they appear. Your list should give you a quick overview of every important and urgent thing and remember to include operational tasks, as well as relationship-building and strategic activities.
- Limit Multi-tasking. Evidence shows that we can’t effectively pay attention to more than one activity at a time.
Spend a few minutes reviewing your to-do list daily before you leave your workplace. Congratulate yourself if you accomplished what you wanted. In case you feel like your day’s effort fell short, determine what you’ll do the next day to achieve what you want to. Leave your office very determined to continue the next day.